Sunday, March 3, 2013

I work out.

My sister-in-law and I have been recently trying to figure out a better work out plan to maximize our efforts while making it a little more fun.  As always, I'm looking for ways to avoid my online homework and so I came up with this little plan (yes, while adding a little Vera to it) to get us (me) in shape.  I'm a person that needs assignments to stick to a plan (which is probably why I'm so excited to be a teacher) and that's where this workout plan comes into play.  I recently conquered the Couch to 5K running program, treadmill edition, and have been needing something that's going to give me a little more of a challenge now.

*Side note: if you are looking for a good way to work up to running long distances, check out Couch to 5K, it was surprisingly easy compared to what I thought it would be like. I'm only running at 5.2 mph pace, so right now it's more like Couch to 2.5 Miles, but still! A girl that's 170lbs running 2.5 miles every other day? I think it's worth the commitment.  I'll be starting to kick up my pace in the next few weeks to get my 5K time down to 30 minutes by the end of April (hopefully) to run my first race.  My incredibly fit sister-in-law (even though she wouldn't agree with me) is helping to motivate me, so if you're like me and need a little help, find a buddy to work out/run with that you don't feel awkward around.

Anyway, combined with this, I'm going to try a new way of counting calories that I'll post either today or sometime this week.  It's more of a list of things with calories (that I personally like) and then allowing myself to mix and match.  Rough draft status right now, but I'll try to crank it out soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment