Monday, March 18, 2013

Houston Day 2

Yes yes, I know that I'm technically going out of order, but deal with it.  Day 2 of Houston consisted of eating at a diner for breakfast at lunch time, the Johnson Space Center, and a sketchy taco truck that served really good but incredibly small tacos.  The Space Center was pretty nifty, we went on the Red Tram Tour that took us to the Astronaut Training Facility and Rocket Park, with the Saturn V rocket.  I really didn't know too much about any of the spacecraft, but there wasn't a lot of "life on other planets/living on Mars/Titan" type things, so I was a little disappointed about that.  The size of the rockets were pretty incredible though, although we didn't get to see a lot.  

Parts of the Astronaut Training Facilities

Saturn V Rocket


Then my friend decided he wanted to find the best taco in Houston, which apparently is this tiny taco truck called Tacos Tierra Caliente in a small but cool neighborhood. Their tacos were about $1.50 and came with mounds of cilantro and raw onions...but I hate all of that, so I got their Pastor (pork) tacos with avocado and corn tortillas.  They were pretty nifty, but incredibly small...and we didn't realize this until we had traveled all the way back across Houston to our friend's apartment.   Still, I would recommend them to anyone, and to also partake in the West Alabama Icehouse Bar that is right across the street where you can take your tacos to eat and have a drink.  We didn't check this place out because we were all getting cold, tired, and it was a little crazy full with St. Pat's people.  We're getting ready to embark on Day 4 by checking out Galveston Island and hopefully lounging around on the beach for awhile to read...if it's not too cold.  It's freaking humid here right now (I'm from MO, and I know humid lol) and my run was not a lot of fun due to this fact.  I guess I'll just wake up earlier to do it from now on.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment